Just some
thoughts on what it would be like to
rub shoulders, so to speak, with the presidential hopefuls.
If I were to have the Trumps over for dinner, I would serve a fine wine, pull out
the good dishes (if I had any), discuss ways to deal with terrorists, and
make America great again.
If I were to have the Cruz’s over, I would use the everyday dishes, serve iced tea,
and we could discuss ways to save the republic and get back to a constitutional
government.
If I were to have the Sanders over, I would confiscate someone else’s dishes, serve
organic water, and discuss what it would look like to live on 5% of my current
income while providing “free” college to illegal migrants.
If I were to have the Clinton’s over, I would hide the good dishes, serve a cheap
beer, and make sure my daughter was out of the house for the evening.
After Thoughts Department
- I drive by a fire department everyday on my way to work. As I turn the corner down the street to my work, I can't help but notice the flag. Most mornings, it seems lately, the flag has been flying at half mast. My heart just kind of sinks, and I'm thinking, "What happened now?" Then I get to work and listen to the news, to hear about the latest Muslim terrorist attack or police shooting. According to http://us.halfstaff.org/ , it seems the president orders the flag to be flown at half mast nationally. I gather the governors do the same thing on the state level. It just seems to me, that this year the flag has been flying at half staff for most of the year. Maybe this should Obama's true legacy: The "half mast" presidency.
- As I only get to post 100 blogs for free- I figured it might be more economical in the long run to keep appending the existing short ones. So bear with me one this, the two of you who may have accidently stumbled upon this place of random ramblings.
- When God put Adam and Eve on this Earth, he didn't put them in a shopping mall, or in a concert hall or movie theater, or on a couch in front of a television. He put them, I believe, where He knew they would be the happiest- in a garden. When we think of a garden, we may think of a place of relaxation. Or a place that delights the senses with it's colors and fragrances. Maybe a place to watch koi in a pond and daydream. Listen- this only happens after a whole lot of work has been done to make it happen. A garden is a place of work. It takes planning: how are the borders going to be laid out, how do I water this area, when do I start the seeds, what can be planted next to this tree, etc. It takes hard work: these stones need to be moved over there, this area needs to mulched, this area needs to cleared to plant these, this area needs a shade cover built over it, this area needs irrigation to it, etc. And a garden needs maintenance: these need watering every night, this needs pruning, this needs to be raked up, this needs mowing, etc. Ultimately though, there is a payoff: You get to enjoy the fruit off that apple or orange tree. You get to enjoy those tomato's or peppers. You get to feed the koi in that pond and enjoy watching them. And, you get to sit and relax after a hard days work.

No comments:
Post a Comment